Thursday, June 15, 2006

The "LUCKIEST" day of my life...(yea rite)

The day is June 14, 2006... A day I would find it HARD and DIFFICULT to forget. Of course unless something WORSE than that happen... Well, I am having my usual quarterly biz trip to China (which is something I don't really fancy doing). Anyway, I was suppose to fly to Guangzhou from Shanghai on June 14 (notice that I am stressing that date again). So...the flight was suppose to be at 3.50pm.

Boarded the plan on time...which is 15 minutes before flight time. I was kinda glad. The China domestic flights...they are never on time. It delays...for an hour...or two. (I've experienced that before). Anyway, I found my seat, sat down and was waiting for them to take off. Flight delayed a couple of mins...which was fine...at least it's not an hour.

The flight from Shanghai to Guangzhou would take approximately 2 hours. So, since it left at...4 ish, I expected the plane to land at approximately 6 ish; which is good. Little did I know that the weather at Guangzhou was SOOOOO BADDDDD that the plane couldn't land. They insisted that they couldn't. Guess what? They decided to land at another airport; one place I have NEVER EVER heard of (well...I do know that place now...). It's called "Shan Tou" or 汕头 in Chinese. I was like...WHAT THE............(I shall not curse here...)

The plane landed. Written on the small building is "Welcome to Shan Tou Airport". I asked the guy beside me the location for this place. He spoke in a language I thought I understood, but sadly, I don't. The air-stewardess then told us to take our valuable belongings and get off the plane. Stay in the terminal and wait for further information. I was like...DAMN. Got off the plane, sat at the terminal and waited. How could this have happened!!! SHEESH.

Anyway, we flew back to Guangzhou at about 8pm...so by the time we landed, it was 9pm. No place for the plane to park, so we have to wait for the shuttle to come. And then the luggage. SIGH...Then I still have to take a ride to Shunde - which would take me an hour and a half. SIGH. By the time I checked in to the hotel at Shunde, it was 11pm. I am hungry...and I am tired...and pissed off.

That was my day. June 14, 2006. It might not sound bad to some of you, but it sure is bad to me!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home