Thursday, May 04, 2006

Parents

I was talking to some teenagers last weekend; young 14 & 15 year old teenage gals. They were telling me how sometimes they don't want their parents to be around, coz parents tend to nag and nag and...nag somemore. One of them was really contented that the mum was not with her (we had a trip to Kajang for the Hymn Singing Competition).

I tried to recall the times when I was their age. 10 years ago...hmmm...to be honest, at times, I did hope that my parents would just stop nagging. I sometimes did hope that they would just leave me alone for once...as I feel that I am "old" enough to make the judgment that I want to make...to make decisions on my own. But that was in the past...

As I grew older, there is not one time that I want to be away from my parents. It's kinda odd. It's like...you pretty much grew out of that stage. That...weird period. When you are young, you always like to stick to your parents...then you enter the teenage years...years of being lost in the jungle not knowing what to do...years of rebelling...then you enter the young adult years...and it's like, you are back to sticking to your parents, appreciating every moment of it. At least, for me it's like that.

I travel a lot on this current job of mine. Every 3 months, I would be go away...on biz trip for at least 2 weeks. It felt like a month. Sometimes...like months. I miss my parents. And I am worried about it. I don't know why. Everytime when I am there, I want to go home. It took forever for that trip to end. After I am back...before I knew it...it's time to go again. sigh.

I told that girl who said she does not want her parents to be around..."One day, you would want to always be with your parents. You might not think this is true at this point of time, but trust me, you will find this true after a while..." She said someone told her the same thing...but she pretty much refuses to believe.

Anyway, what I have got to say is appreciate your parents when they are still around. They are the ones who took the time to care for us...to nurture us...to feed us...give us shelter and clothing...to what we are now...this very day. Being parents is not an easy task. I mean, I sometimes think to myself...would I be able to be such great parents as what my mum and dad are?(they are definitely one of a kind). hmmmm...How about u?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home