Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Guy

I was reading through some of the comments that were posted by friends who read my blog...(thanks guys) and I came across this really sweet phrase a friend wrote:

No matter how equal we think we should be, at the end of the day, when the lady walks, the man opens the door for her. And THAT's the ideal world.

That's like...the sweetest thing any guy can write and do. *smile* Now...lets analyze abit. How many of you guys actually does open the door for a lady? Raise your hand pls!!! hehehe...

To be honest, it is not exactly our culture here to open door for the lady...or, pull out the chair for a lady at dinner...or, open the car door for a lady...etc. I don't exactly know why, but...it just does not work this way in the Asian countries. At least, as far as I am concerned. I do have guy friends who are really sweet and does that and I definitely appreciate it. However, even if they do not do it, I am still fine with it. Coz the culture we are brought up in...simply did not teach us that.

Nevertheless, we are moving towards to the respecting-woman-more attitude; which is good by the way. It's definitely good for the ladies. hehehe...I guess we are moving towards living in the ideal world huh? According to someone I know at least... :) Have a nice day ppl!

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Why can't girls open door for guys? =P Does it receive the same effect? Perhaps guys are not so sensitive to these kind of gestures?

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"de GUY"..? Don't you think it also has something to do with how we brought up as well? If you were brought up where you saw Dad opening the door for Mum or Dad showing affection to Mum or Dad being a gentleman all together... somehow this kind of culture will be adapted by the children. No?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home