Friday, March 14, 2008

My turtle

I was clearing up my table 2 days ago when I came across this...MY TURTLE! I wanted to blog about this a long time ago...but somehow...I just missed it. ^_^ I adopted a Chelonia mydas...also known as the Green Turtle earlier this year for RM100 per turtle. It's under the Adopt-A-Turtle Programme, organized by SEATRU (Sea Turtle Research Unit) in Terengganu.

Below are the infor for my turtle now... Healthy as ever! hehe


Here's the address to the ppl in charge of the Adopt-A-Turtle-Programme in Kuala Terengganu.


My turtle has an ID: 1993G026! :) This section shows the dates of successful nestings in 2007...Since May 23, 2007...

And...*drum rollssssss*...the number of eggs laid up till August 15, 2007 is...749 eggs!!!! YAY!


This tells u how big is the left and right flippers and the size of the caraspace as well...


Cool huh...I've always have a soft spot for turtles... When I dive, I always wish I could just meet one of them...I've seen one and swam with one when I was snorkeling...Absolutely lovely...So, yay! hehehe

I wish I can go onsite to help them with the cleaning up and protecting the turtle eggs one day...need to take like a week off or something...For those who are interested, go check out the website at http://www.umt.edu.my/turtle/... Love those turtles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home