Monday, January 28, 2008

Soulmates

I was watching Oprah today and they were talking about how some very lovely single ladies just somehow fail to meet lovely single available guys. There's this one part in the show where this lady, Kathy Freston (who wrote the book "The One") was talking about soulmates. Her definition of soulmates is just...something which I haven't thought of from the prospect of a relationship.

According to Kathy Freston, it is said that...a soulmate is someone who will live a life together with you as a team (well, it's somewhere along that line of words)...It sort of hit me...a team. Well, I've never thought of it that way...All the while, I'm just thinking that your soulmate is just someone who will live a life together with you and that's pretty much it.

I mean if you put it in that way...a team, it almost felt as though u are in a game together. You are striving for victory or something. Hence, you have to work together as a team to make it work...it would have incorporate all form of co-operation, tolerance, love etc. Some might say, "pahhh... we know all that. Of coz those are needed in a r'ship". However, if you say that, all those items become one individual item...and there are times you might say, well...maybe I can take out a little tolerance since it's just one part of it.

If you look at it as a team, it almost becomes like just one item there...and it's as simple as wanting to be in this together...the 2 individuals coming as 1 as a team. Nevertheless, I somehow believe that if he's the one, everything would just blends in naturally. No extra effort needed about things you want to do for that person, minimal complains (well I wouldn't say no...)...everything is just natural. Hmmm...I guess it's something that we might want to ponder a little.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

soulmate=team mate...
Totally agree, after all the up and down, i'm still searching for my teammate.
Sometimes i feel lost, because i don't know how my team mate will be like. if i know my team mate, i can at least plan and forsee my future.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger *chiaoju* said...

totally agree gal...sometimes when it comes to a r'ship, you are like so vulnerable..i totally agree with the lost part. It's like it is something which is beyond your control and you can only wish and hope for the best...

I hope you find your soulmate soon! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home