Tuesday, July 12, 2005

What do u want to do if tomorrow is your last day on earth?

I am now reading Tuesdays with Morrie (by Mitch Albom) and I have to say...this book is like the best book that has ever been written. I did post something up about the Five People You Meet in Heaven (which is also written by Mitch Albom) and I thought that book is really good. This...this book is not only good, but it's different. It makes the readers think...as what Mitch has done. Think.

One of the things that Morrie told Mitch was "If you learn how to die, you'll learn how to live". I thought about this phrase many times...and I mean..MANY TIMES. It's an interesting phrase, don't you think? Morrie said that if you know that you would be gone tomorrow, you'll live your life differently. Money, Fame, Popularity, Materials etc won't be that important anymore. So I was just thinking, if tomorrow never comes for me...what would I do? What would I want to do now?

I thought for a while, and I told myself, I want time with my mum, dad and 2 sisters and really close friends, sitting by the beach in total silence. I want to experience the magic and the power of not talking, but being able to feel the bond and the love between family members and really close friends! I believe that you can feel it. Sometimes, the love that exist does not need any clarification whatsoever. It can be felt, despite the time, the location. No boundaries. Anyway, back to the topic...I sometimes feel that there are too many talking around (and that would definitely include me coz I talk a LOT!) and not enough listening. Feel the silence...

Of course this kind of silence is different from the uncomfortable silence that is sometimes felt when we have gathering with friends, etc. This kind of silence is soothing, knowing the presence of your loved ones is more than enough. Hmmmm...I think that would be the BESTEST last day of my life. =) How about urs? What would you want your last day to be like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home