Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Auntie..

I was getting into the lift one fine and beautiful day..A kid was in there as well, with the Indonesian maid. I smiled at him and he smiled back. Then the maid said something (couldn't really catch what she said)..and the next phrase I heard coming out from the kid's mouth was "Auntie". I was stunned..but I kindly replied, "Guai..." (That's good in Chinese..). That was 3 years ago. I can't believe it. 3 years ago, kids have started calling me auntie. (FYI, I was 20 years old then)

Well, some of you might think, you are 20 years old..It's only natural for any kid to call you auntie..To me, it was a little too early. Why can't they still stick to calling gals my age "Jie Jie" (That's Chinese for sister)? Sigh..Though I am 23 now (well..almost), I still feel a thing when kids call me auntie. I feel.....OLD. Yea..that's the word. Old. GOSH..

Kids are naive. They are so honest that it is unbelievable. They really speak their mind, be it appropriate or not. hehehe.. I guess kids see an auntie in me then.. *speechless. Anyway, I am practically used to being called an Auntie. It almost didn't really budge me anymore, though there's always this THING when I am being called an Auntie. ^_^ Guess this is part of growing up! I wonder when would kids start calling me granny... hehehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home