Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Diving in Payar

Last Saturday, me and some diving buddies went for a dive at Pulau Payar...just off the Penang Island. It was pretty cool...no...more like, very cool. :) It was lovely. It was a day trip, 2 dives. Here are some pics (all thanks to Stan Lee...THANK UUUUU VERY MUCHIE!!)


Me and my other dive buddies; (from left) me, Yen, Lee Lian and Stan Lee. :)

I would say that Pulau Payar is a place rich with quite a lot of aquatic life. They have lovely fishes (like this fish here [above]...which I don't know what's it called...must go look at the book), saw a lot of groupers...and they are HUGE! (see picture below - one of the many groupers seen).


Among some of the other stuffs we saw were, the blacktip reef sharks, the eagle stingray, jelly fishes, lovely soft corals (in white and purple-lish colors), anenomefishes, shrimp, pufferfish (I think), this group of fish that swims together (again, need the book to tell me what is the name of those fishes), clams, some crab thingy, a small wreck...and...TADAA! LION FISH as shown below! :)

Overall, it was great. I kind of forgot what it feels like to dive. Sometimes you get so caught up at work that you just...FORGOT stuffs. :) My next dive would most likely be at Bali. That's one thing that I can't WAIT! And I can't wait for the many many more dives to come. :) LOVELY. LOVELYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

3 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photos! Diving is fun, especially in warmer waters that are clear and you can see everything. I sold my gear years ago, but still go out with mask and fins when I am in Hawaii. The best way to attract the beautiful fish is to feed them, I found that frozen peas work well, and you will have a large school surrounding you if you bring the food they like, try this one (If you have frozen peas). Also, always wear diving gloves so you do not get hurt when reaching into the coral reefs. Love-ly!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger *chiaoju* said...

frozen peas...i shall remember that...THANKS Mr 10-07. :)

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger --iffil-- said...

cool pics! i'm too old for this... so, once Marsha is big enuff, i'll get her to dive on my behalf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home