Thursday, September 07, 2006

Mother's Day vs Father's Day

I was browsing through some e-cards by Hallmark (check out their yoyo and hoops series...they are absolutely hilarious...cracks me up everytime...*teeheee...* - anyway, back to my point) and I was looking at their Father's Day card and Mother's Day card. Then, something hit me...it's sooooooo totally different!

See, for one of the Mother's Day card, they (as in yoyo and hoops) were seeking forgiveness, thanking Mothers for being such a wonderful being, expressing their gratitude for a mother...it's like..."AWWWW...that's so sweet..."

Then there's the Father's Day card. And...It's just hilarious. When yoyo and hoops were getting ready to tell y dad is sooooo uber cool and great...those words were covered by the sound of the sawing machine, sawing a tree...and the card ended with... "...and that's y u are the greatest dad..." *gulp*

During May and June, there are tons of movies shown on the TV...and notice how Mother's Day is a big deal...and Father's Day, well...it's a smaller deal. This got me thinking...y? Well, the only straightforward, DUH reason would be, Mothers sacrifice, giving birth to a child, having to go through the pain of pregnancy and labor, then nurturing the kid, caring for them, and the list goes on. Fathers go out, work and put food on the table, providing shelter and well, the big "ke-ching" - $$.

Then, there's this other reason. Mothers are...well, women. And women are...well...not guys. :) So, think...when a woman does something to you...and somehow you don't say thank you, where will u be standing this very day? Here, we are talking about giving birth...going through the PAIN and putting her own life at stake to give birth to a new being...and if this is not a big deal, what is? Hehehe...this might just be the other reason as to why we make Mother's Day a big deal...don't you think?

I'm a woman myself mind you. Somehow, this other reason, seems logic. :) But, I still agree on the fact that Mothers...are the worlds greatest being. No one can replace my mum...she's the coolest. Can yours be replaced? I bet not... ^_^ *teeheee*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home