Friday, August 25, 2006

Road Builders

So, the Penang government decided that they should have more tolls at the Penang Bridge to ease the traffic congestion that happens almost everyday during peak hours. How long have they been building it? To be honest, I lost track...it has been too long.

Day1 - They put up the polls...
Day2 - No changes...
Day3 - Nope...don't see anything changing...
Day4 - Hmmm...is that...
Day5 - OH! THEY HAVE INSTALLED THE ROOF!
Day6 - No changes
Day7 - ...
.
.
.
DayX - I give up, but I think they now have the signs on...

Due to the construction of the toll, it has made the traffic more congested during normal days and worse during holiday seasons or Fridays. Why do they take so long to construct 5 freaking tolls? Beats me. Does any of you have an answer to that, coz I'm dying to know the answer.

In China, highways are constructed in merely under 3 months. And that's like a LONG and BIG highway...not some teeny weeny small overhead bridge. Why can't we do it? One good example is that overhead thingy in front of Pesta Pulau Pinang. Pretty much took them 5 years to complete. Just imagine this...it started when I was finishing upper 6...I went into USM, studied for 3 years, graduated and it's still not completed. It was completed only during our convocation...CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I could not...It's amazing how much time is spend on that...thing.

What does this tells about a country? Inefficient? Lack of...resource?? I dont' know. This TOLL at the Penang Bridge is killing me. First it's the Smart Tag (don't bother buying if you are just going to use it for the Penang Bridge Toll...coz it's of no use - read my blog dated Wed Aug23), now the toll construction that would never end...what's next?

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The widening of the toll plaza is expected to be completed in September.

http://penangbridge.blogspot.com/2006_06_11_penangbridge_archive.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home