Friday, December 14, 2007

Chain Letters

I remember back in 1991 (I think) when I was in primary school, chain letters are like an "in" thing. Back then we don't have emails of coz. So, we send chain letters using snail mail. All you need is have the envelopes sealed, put a 30 cents stamp on each envelope and have the postman do the rest of the job.

I'm starting to wonder who starts all these chain letters. It's just usually a story of some sort of a curse and how you need to send to "N" numbers of ppl or you would be cursed... Back then, in 1991, it sorta is scary. I do it...so does all my friends around me. In addition to that, when you are 9 years of age, you don't get a lot of mails. So... I get all excited getting mails. *hehe

I'm not so worked up about the letter itself. What I'm more disturbed is the curse. Usually, it's about true loves -- "if you don't send this to 10 ppl in 10 days, you won't find your one true love". Crap.

I stopped believing in all these chain letters a year later in 1992. (not like I am getting more money or finding my one true love......^_^) However, I'm still seeing it up till today through emails. And today, I actually saw one "curse" which is wayyyyyy too much. "Send this to 5 ppl or your mum will die at 10.40pm".

For ppl who are actually writing this, pls don't involve the death of our mothers, or our fathers, or anyone for that matter. I kinda thought it's just way too much.

Anyway...does anyone actually believe in chain letters??

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger [rena] said...

Chain letters are nasty. They have this emotional blackmail going on.

BTW, you've been tagged. By moi! :)

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, came across your blog about chain letters, and ya, they are annoying.

What really funny is that kind of letters usually begin with good "advice" and "motivation", which, well, kinda motivating, until the last line "If u dun send to......" crap.

What I do is to delete them after reading. And guess what, I'm still alive after 7 days. Or just send back to the senders(only), to make their lives more difficult.

chwloon@gmail.com , no chain mails :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home