Friday, March 18, 2005

Public Transportation

I recently went to Hongkong for a family vacation. It was really cool and great. I mean after being in the state of being roasted for more than a month, going to a place which have a temperature of 15 degrees Celcius is really really nice. Those cool breeze..EVERYDAY. Nice... ^_^

Anyway, that's not the main thing I am posting this blog today. I just want to share some interesting info about public transportation. I am sure most of you have at least taken a public transport once. In Penang, the public transport pretty much sux..big time. They are not on time, they always go missing in action..in general, they are just not efficient. If you miss one of the bus, you can pretty much call work to get the day off.

In HK, it is a total different thing. During peak hours, busses come every 2 minutes or so. They are efficient. If you don't want to take the bus, take the tram then! Its much cheaper, but still efficient. Or you can choose the MRT. The Malaysia government have been encouraging car pooling to reduce the need of using a car as traffic congestion is a huge issue in Malaysia. However, without GOOD and EFFICIENT public transport, how do you expect people to go to work? Or go anywhere for that matter?

In the area where I stay, only a few busses passes that road. Mini busses don't pass the area where I stay. I did ask the driver once, why wouldn't he just go to that area. And he say that most of the people who lives in my area posses their own transport, thus there would be no need for him to go there as there would be no bussiness anyway. I was like....HELLO! Not EVERYONE has a CAR or a MOTORCYCLE! Gosh..I guess the Malaysia Government have lotsa thinking to do about this whole public transportation system. At least we are seeing some progress in the Light Rail Transit System in KL. *thumbs up for that. Other than that...I am pretty much speechless about the public transportation in Malaysia. hehehe.. ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home