Sunday, January 22, 2006

War of the Food... :)

Ahhh...pratically everyone's favorite... FOOD... ^_^...Except for...maybe those who wants to be as thin as a stick, or maybe those who just get sick everytime food comes around...or...they just hate food. BUT, I believe that these conditions are very much unlikely. I am very lucky to be born in Malaysia, a place of different culture and one of the places with really great food! :)

Let's start off with...Malaysian food. Typical Malaysian food. For instance, Chinese hawker food...you know, those places with tons of food stalls. There are some food where you eat standing...some you eat sitting, some...well, pretty much both. :) In malaysia, the popular hawker stall food are like Laksa, Prawn Noodles, Curry Noodles, Fried Koay Teow, Lok Lok, etc etc. The list is pretty long if you ask me. Then we have Malay food, Chinese food and Indian food. Thumbs up to all! Nasi Kandar, one of my favorite is yet another popular food here in Malaysia. You see ppl hanging out at mamak stall where you can have the oh so famous Nasi Kandar, as well as some of the roti...like, roti canai, roti bom, roti tisu, roti bawang, roti planta, roti telur, roti helicopter, all the other roti(s)... :) OH OH! And SEAFOOD!!!!! Love those seafood. It's pretty easy to get seafood here in Malaysia and especially if you go to places like Penang, Klang, Johor...then you can get pretty cheap seafood! I have to admit, Malaysia do have some of the best food in the world...BUT...there are other food where you would NOT find in Malaysia. (sad sad)...


One of the other places where I find you can get good food is...Hong Kong. Seriously wonderful food. First up... Japanese food. Look at the picture on your right. We have eel sushi...Salmon...fresh salmon with mango sushi and goose liver sushi (didn't have the guts to have the goose liver though). They were all... Simply...WONDERFUL. Of coz, the chinese food were great...especially DIM SUM. Ohmigod...that's like...WOW! *speechless...These are the BEST food I've found so far. Oh...and their deserts are NICE...yum yum...I mean, there has got to be more...but i guess i just need more time to explore...AND...who's help would I need for further food exploration in HK? I need none other than my Uncle Chris and Auntie D. HAHAHA...to take me around... :)

I love Vietnamese food as well! At least...I love the Vietnamese food I had in Shanghai. Thanks to my dearest friend Joey, I got to eat the best Vietnamese food...so far. :) Haven't been to Vietnam though...but...the Vietnamese food I had in Shanghai was the best. It's...oil-less...I mean seriously, I am surprise. It has got no oil at all! I don't exactly know why, but...even the fried spring rolls has got no oil. At least I can't taste the oil. And the deserts are great as well...

OH! One food that I can never get enough is STEAMBOAT...yum. It's all in the soup. If the soup is good, then it's great steamboat. Love it love it love it. :)

I think I better stop. I guess there are tons of food that I have yet to try. I mean I have had basic Mexican food, Italian food, American dishes...but...there are more out there...and I can't wait to explore. Though, i have to admit that there are some stuffs which I don't DARE to take...like...dog meat, snake, cat, rat, horse, wild boar, frogs...(no offence to ppl who take these stuffs...but generally, I classify these as...WEIRD food...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home